|
|
|
Thursday, May 05, 2005 On Monday, I brought my parent and sister to the Alexandra Village Food Centre in search of the Famous Laksa featured on Channel U's Thursday night food program.We found the stall with ease and I dutifully queued behind 30 ppl...what to do? Already drove all the way there and we all wanted to eat it what...so queue lor... Apparently, the special laksa is served in a claypot and they have a layer of thin gravy at the bottom and then slap on a thick thick layer of gravy on the top. Anyway, I am positive that the only reason for its long queue was because of the TV program. After twenty over minutes, I was still behind more than 10 ppl...sweating in the mid afternoon heat....reeking of hawker fumes....I waited and waited... Then, suddenly, an uncle switched off the stall's signage lighting...I signalled that to my mum, she saoid normally they only do that when they are close for the day. How can it be? I thought to myself. And true enough, they started signalling from the stall that there is no more for sale... WTF, they should have calculated how many bowls they have left and just tell ppl not to queue anymore what.... Anyway, DO NOT GO THERE TO EAT AT THE LAKSA STALL EVER!!! That's not the way to run the business man! Hmph!
|
~IntrO~ Queen Mother ~ArchiveS~ July 2004 ~ReadS~ Big Boobs ~Twitter update~ Leave a shout |